Here are five ways to make digital disruption with your unique strategy:
- Focus on the Customer. Too often, business leaders view everything through the filters of marketing, sales and maximizing revenues. Instead of thinking about business success, if you deliver products, services and support that matches customer’s needs and desires, success will follow. Uber is a case in point. It makes finding a car, riding to a destination and paying impressively simple. OpenTable similarly makes restaurant reservations a breeze.
- Embrace Analytics. Don’t think of marketing data as marketing data. Or sales data as sales data. Think of everything as enterprise data and look for new and innovative ways to put it to use. Along the journey, there’s a need to tap data scientists and analysts who can think beyond the flat earth of departments and turfs and combine all sorts of data, including POS, sensors and machines, logs, social streams, legacy data and more.
- Unite the Business. It’s critical to build a digital team that views things beyond reporting lines and understands the big picture. Best-practice organizations assess digital requirements from across the business and then set objectives. In fact, they rely on a digital Center of Excellence that’s able to coalesce business, customer experience and technology expertise.
- Build a Strategy Around Metrics and Funding Models. Digital experts establish clearly defined KPIs (key performance indicators) that extend far beyond revenue. This might include factors as diverse as customer lifetime value and team satisfaction. In addition, the most successful companies work closely with cashflow to establish a funding model that works for the organization.
- Stay Agile. In today’s world, if you’re going to be a fast follower, you have to be able to move in a highly agile and innovative way.
Those who move too methodically get crushed. On the other hand, it’s important to get things right and quickly recover from mistakes or missteps. Building and deploying an app just to get an app out there is a path to disaster, it has to deliver value or you lose people.
Organizations that assemble all the pieces effectively often achieve transformative results. Today, the company can dynamically scale servers on the fly and spread the load efficiently. The result? High performance and 100 percent up time. Read more here a new report, “Prepare Your Business for the Digital Future,” created with Rackspace, Forrester Research and digital consultancy Salmon, snaps the landscape into sharp focus.
A disruptive read!